One of our residents has been volunteering at a local cafe helping out with the washing up. This has boosted his confidence and is helping him develop skills.
Residential care home for people with mental health problems
Wordsley Housing Society provides accommodation, care, support and practical help to people from the age of 18, who have a mental illness. The society is a local charitable organisation located in the Dudley borough and was established in 1987. The housing society in the West Midlands offers a range of services including:
- A purpose built residential care home for younger adults who have a mental illness, awarded a 3*** excellent rating since 2007, by the Care Quality Commission. We offer bespoke personalised care packages to clients in a home with exceptionally high standards of accommodation.
- Respite care is provided for people and/or their carer's in need of a short term planned break from their circumstances.
- Supported Housing - We have three, two bed properties which are in close proximity to the main home, that are available for clients to use. These properties provide the opportunity for real life assessments and the development of life skills which can promote and assist clients with their recovery and provide a pathway back into mainstream life.
What we do
We provide flexible support packages with the aim of:
- preventing relapse,
- achieving self-reliance,
- developing daily living skills and
- promoting social inclusion
We encourage and support individuals to develop lifestyles of their choosing; experiencing a wide and varied range of social, leisure, occupational and educational activities within the local community. We work in partnership with clients and carers, enabling everyone to tackle mental health problems with hope and optimism and work towards enabling individuals to manage their illness in a way that provides them with a valued lifestyle within and beyond the limits of any mental health problem. Services are available in the evenings and weekends to ensure that support can be provided at times of most need, including crisis situations.
The society has achieved a great many things over the past years including:
- Awarded and maintaining 3*** star excellent rated status since 2007 by the Care Quality Commission.
- Gaining and maintaining the 'Investors in People' award since 1995.
- Achieving a 5/5***** star rating from Dudley's environmental health services in 2011.
- Maintaining an average occupancy rate of 96% over the past 5 years.
- Successfully supporting clients to return to the community, where they now live independently with minimal assistance.
- Providing an exceptional person-centred service and the commitment to promoting mental health and recovery, as documented in our last inspection report.